We are inviting applications from candidates for "Agile Business Analyst " Position with our IT Services Client
Job Title : Agile Business Analyst Work Location: Edinburgh, UKRole Type: Permanent Job description:
- Context for the role:
A Business Analyst leads the viability analysis for small to medium sized projects and supports larger and more complex projects.
They manage business stakeholder relationships on behalf of the team and advance the BA community through sharing of best practice and mentoring others.
A Business Analyst;
● Deconstructs user needs and problem statements into logical component parts for analysis and reconstruction, in order to help their team construct commercially viable solutions.
●Helps teams to manage and visualise business outcomes, prioritise work and define minimum viable product (MVP) solutions to test with users and de-risk delivery
●Listens to user needs and asks probing questions to define root causes. They synthesise multiple options before collaborating with the team to settle on one solution.
● Design and plan the process to gather user needs and other relevant data, with all relevant stakeholders.
●Performs analysis of user stories and and make amendments where necessary. They facilitate working sessions with the team and give input to help prioritise user stories.
●Interprets data from a range of sources, for example user research and process performance metrics, and consequently helps the team to make data driven decisions.
● Creates user flows, wireframes and map business processes which represent the current structure and future design of a product or service.
● Takes an innovative mindset to problem solving. Agile BA’s identify opportunities and generate ideas for continuous improvement of the delivery model, and generates insight to address unmet user needs.
Essential - confident practitioner
● Able to identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use, including measuring and evaluating outcomes. Helps the team to decide the best approach.
● Able to analyse current product/services and processes, and identify and implement opportunities to optimise these. Agile BA’s help to evaluate and establish requirements using relevant techniques such as gap analysis.
● Able to use quantitative and qualitative data about users to define outcomes.
● Investigates problems and analyses options for new and existing products and services. Agile BA’s provide recommendations to solutions; working with stakeholders to identify objectives, opportunities and potential benefits.
Complementary - working knowledge
● Able to review requirements, specifications and define test conditions. Agile BAs are able to identify issues and risks associated with work whilst being able to analyse and report test activities and results in an iterative fashion.
●Responsible for elicitation of requirements. Agile BA’s define business priorities for change initiatives, and support throughout the development process by managing subsequent requests and changes to baseline.
●Helps the team set and manage expectations. Agile BAs identify key stakeholders; managing their needs in harmony with user needs, using evidence to justify their decisions.. Agile BA’s should understand how to handle opposing views, and combine them to reach consensus.
● Can use a wide range of techniques to model situations confidently. Gains the necessary agreement needed from subject matter experts and stakeholders, ensuring they review the results to fix any issues.
● Understands how to report on system quality and collects metrics on test cases, and can collaborate with the team to do analysis iteratively.
●Experience working in fast paced agile environments
●Experience working in cross functional teams
●Experience contributing to, and achieving, continuous improvement goals
●Communicate effectively in order to facilitate working meetings, using techniques such as active listening and negotiation. Tailor communication style to suit both face-to-face and virtual settings including web meetings and conference calls.
●Ensure that the wider impact of changes is understood by parallel workstreams.
●Collaborate with the feature team to ensure they have a complete understanding of the business and user needs.
●Facilitate workshops to ensure the business and user needs continue to be met by the proposed solution.
- Experience on SONATA platform
- Experience on Agile
- Experience on Insurance sector
- Experience on Wealth business
"This vacancy is being advertised by Skilliantech Limited trading as SkillRecruit which acts as an Employment Agency for the supply of permanent workers or an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers.PS: The processing and use by us of your personal information is in accordance with our Privacy Notice which is located on our website at https://skillrecruit.com/the-legal-bits/privacy-policy or a PDF copy can be requested via email.
Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: All
Job CreatedDate: 2018-07-09
Location: UK, Edinburgh
MOTIVATED? APPLY NOW! Visit our website www.skillrecruiter.com and apply to this opportunity through “Jobs“.