The scope of work includes:
- Administration of system/software configurations and troubleshoot Linux based Web environment issues.
- Document and improve upon processes, procedures, and best practices to align with industry standards and customer needs
- Perform system administration of web and application servers.
- Provide recommendations on configuration improvements.
- Analyze and identify key areas for automation and optimization, including improvements in system performance, processes, and deployments.
- Develop system tools and utilities (e.g. scripts) to support the web infrastructure.
- Coordinating maintenance and outages with infrastructure and business groups
- Involve in designing solutions for public Clouds (Azure, Amazon)
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
- Hands-on experience of the complete LAMP/LEMP stack, including advanced web caching mechanisms and load balancing.
- Experience in support, installation, configuration, clustering, best practices, troubleshooting, performance tuning of JBOSS & Tomcat on various platforms.
- Experience with PHP based Web application management and troubleshooting from an infrastructure perspective, including but not limited to Drupal, WordPress and Moodle.
- Database infrastructure skills - MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL - including advanced cluster implementation, load balancing and tuning.
- Excellent Knowledge of network communication protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL/TLS, RPC, etc.) including the ability to analyze network issues.
- Scripting knowledge - PHP, Java, Ruby, Python, Perl or Bash.
- Good knowledge about web & applications performance monitoring.
- Experience in continuous delivery tools like Git, Bamboo, and other version control
- Docker containers experience is desirable
- Working knowledge of Cloud-Based services (PaaS & Saas)
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to grasp complex concepts, logical and analytical approach to solving problems.
- Knowledge of ITIL service management methodology
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks around changing priorities
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Professional attitude
- Must be willing to participate in a 7 x 24 on call support program and flexible hours including some weekends and evenings.
- Minimum 7 years working experience as Web Administrator (Linux)
Job Type: Contract
Job Industry: All
Job CreatedDate: 2017-07-20
Location: Spain, Valencia
MOTIVATED? APPLY NOW! Visit our website www.skillrecruiter.com and apply to this opportunity through “Jobs“.