Seeking applications for a “Scrum Master" for a company that can offer you excellent career development prospects.
Reference no: 4421
Job Title: Scrum Master
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London and Crydon
Our Client is a global software company with a difference. They combine the strengths of a world class product company and a specialised services company, a combination that gives them a unique position in the market. The key focus is on delivering business value and enhanced business capabilities to their clients through a combination of world class enterprise grade products in modern technologies (IP), implementation services and specialised IT services.
Essential Skills / Experience
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for number of years for software development teams that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Experience of working on large programmes having number of cross-functional teams.
- Ability to articulate clearly technical challenges and dependencies to the management team.
Role And Responsibilities
- Strongly serving the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to do everything possible to delight customers
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of outself-organization
- Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
Desirable Skills / Experiences
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II)
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs,etc)
- Previous experience as a team lead
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
"This vacancy is being advertised by Skilliantech Limited trading as SkillRecruit which acts as an Employment Agency for the supply of permanent workers or an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers".
Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: All
Job CreatedDate: 2017-03-01
Location: UK, London and Crydon
MOTIVATED? APPLY NOW! Visit our website www.skillrecruiter.com and apply to this opportunity through “Jobs“.