Seeking applications for a “Automation Test Engineer" for a company that can offer you excellent career development prospects.
Reference no: 4417
Job Title: Automation Test Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London and Crydon
Our Client is a global software company with a difference. They combine the strengths of a world class product company and a specialised services company, a combination that gives them a unique position in the market. The key focus is on delivering business value and enhanced business capabilities to their clients through a combination of world class enterprise grade products in modern technologies (IP), implementation services and specialised IT services.
Essential Skills / Experience
Test Tools & Environments
- Ensuring and advising on the implementation of test automation frameworks. Ensures that
- The delivery team can implement appropriate automation techniques, including Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) – and using languages such as Java and supporting Test Driven Development (TDD) where appropriate
- Ensuring the delivery team is capable of reading, writing and debugging complex code where required –and advises on the maintenance and refactoring of test code. Has the ability to write complex programmes
- Ensuring and advising on the delivery of build automation systems, version control and integrated development environments within an individual workstream or project
- Ensuring and advising on the delivery of tools including open source (such as JUnit or NUnit ), Selenium, FitNesse, SOAP & REST web services, Apache CXF
- Ensuring and advising the implementation of tools to support web, load & UI testing and mobile, including BDD (Cucumber), TDD and build and Continuous Integration tools (such as Jenkins, Hudson, Stash, github)
- Ensuring and advising the delivery of tool selection within a project or Workstream and the establishing of appropriate test environments and data
- Establishing and Implementing a QAT Strategy
- Enabling the definition and implementation of QA and testing strategy for individual projects or workstreams. Supporting the co-ordination of technical strategy and business goals across a number of test levels
- Enabling integration testing within an organisation or across multiple programme work streams, including the delivery of systems integration testing which may involve complex integrations with other organisations or legacy applications
- Enables risk based assessments to support the delivery of solutions and the application of test estimation techniques to support planning. Can enable the team to us formal test design techniques to QA and test delivery including web applications & services and cloud (software as a service)
- Considers the application of compatibility testing (and mobile applications where required). Applies assurance principles to build confidence in what is being delivered, how it is being delivered and the delivery capabilities of external partners and suppliers where necessary
- Enables some basic non-functional testing within an individual workstream or project including some aspects of load and performance, security, accessibility and operational acceptance testing where appropriate
- Enables data testing (including Big Data, MI and migration) where required.
Using Agile Methods
- Ensures and advises on the delivery of QA and Testing analysis within the service design phases (discovery, alpha, beta, live)
- Provides advice on the product backlog, user stories (acceptance criteria) and ensures planning (roadmaps & iterative delivery) and project tracking (burn down, delivery rates), continuous improvement, metrics and defect co-ordination
- Enables to the delivery team to apply a broad range of skills to support the delivery of digital services across government including the digital by default service standard in QA and Testing, expanding the use of programming languages and focusing on user centred design and journey mapping
- Enables the QAT team to deliver a range of multi-disciplinary skills including aspects of project management (including ‘agility’ in Agile and Waterfall), business analysis, architecture, basic cyber security, data (big data, open data, data protection), operations engineering & management, service management (DevOps, SysOps)
Desirable Skills / Experiences
- Assisting with the delivery of performance testing, load testing and the analysis of specific user journeys and priorities. Assisting with analysing, implementing and using performance environments.
- Assisting with developing performance baselines, KPIs and Service Levels and any appropriate stubs and mocks
BPSS with SC in progress sufficient to start.
"This vacancy is being advertised by Skilliantech Limited trading as SkillRecruit which acts as an Employment Agency for the supply of permanent workers or an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers".
Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: All
Job CreatedDate: 2017-02-28
Location: UK, London and Crydon
JUnit or NUnit,
SOAP & REST web services,
MOTIVATED? APPLY NOW! Visit our website www.skillrecruiter.com and apply to this opportunity through “Jobs“.